This recipe, entitled ‘Better than Nutella’, was posted on ChocolateCoveredKatie.com. No modifications were necessary as it is sinfully delicious. Please make sure check out her other recipes too, as they are all fabulous!
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts (240g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp xylitol, or agave, or sugar, or maple syrup (I used maple syrup)
- 1 packet stevia, or 1 tbsp more agave or sugar (I used 1 packet of Stevia)
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
- optional: 2-3 tsp oil (for extra smoothness, but it’s still very smooth if you leave out the oil)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used Vanilla Almond Breeze)
- Roast hazelnuts for 10-14 minutes at 420 F.
- Remove and let cool. Rub them together in a paper towel to get the skins off. (It’s ok if a few stubborn skins won’t come off.)
- In a food processor, blend the nuts until they’ve turned to butter, then add all other ingredients and blend till it’s smooth like Nutella.