I have been searching high and low for a gluten free casein free graham cracker recipe that tastes just like the original. I finally found one that I feel is worth posting, and yes, my family happily tested all the other recipes that didn’t make the cut. We’re HUGE s’mores fans in this house, so if you have a recipe you think can top this one, please send it our way and we will be more than happy to review it for you Unfortunately I could not find the original author of the recipe, so if it is yours, please, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1 c buckwheat flour
- 1/4 c tapioca flour
- 3/4 c corn starch
- 2 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c cold non-dairy margarine
- 1/2 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c non-dairy milk
- 1/4 c agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 c molases
- dash cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together first 7 ingredients.
- Cream together margarine and sugar until smooth.Mix in non-dairy milk, agave, molasses and cinnamon. Gradually add in flour mixture until a stiff dough is formed.
- Divide into two sections and pat into disks. Chill each disk about 5 mins in freezer then roll out between two pieces of parchment paper until about 5 mm thick.
- Cut into squares and poke holes in top (I used a fork) of each square.
- Pull off of parchment paper using a spatula and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 -14 minutes or until golden brown and touch darker on the edges.
* I melt Lindt 70% dark chocolate and dip the crackers halfway in. Place in fridge to harden. Then eat. My kids love this!
* You can also melt a marshmallow between two crackers and then dip in chocolate…Double yum!